Sunday, December 21, 2008

Eric's First Post

For some reason we've decided to do this blog together...

This year has been beyond crazy. In January, I decided to start journaling as a New Year's resolution. It wasn't my first time trying this, but usually, I'd make it to mid-February and give up. This year was better...I made it to late August. When the year started, I had been unemployed for almost five months with no real prospects and wasn't really sure what I was going to write about. Since then, I got a job in February followed by a transfer/promotion in August. We bought a new, really awesome house in Arkansas, and as of next week, we will have a renter for our house in Tulsa. The fact that we got the house in Fayetteville was especially amazing since we got a mortgage at a time when no one was getting mortgages. Also, Michelle graduated from pharmacy school, began working as a pharmacist, and was promoted to pharmacy manager.

All of that would have been pretty amazing, and we thank God for every bit of it, but having a baby on the way trumps it all. The idea that in several months, a new life will be born that will have come from us, be wholly dependent on us, and become the thing we love most in this world, is absolutely awe-inspiring. Before this happened, we wanted a baby, but we had made sure that he/she didn't come until we were settled. We hadn't planned to have one now, but I really don't think that we could have planned it better.

So, that's where I am right now. I am equally excited to death and scared out of my mind, but I know God has had His hand on every part of this amazing year, and I can't wait to see how next year will start.

P.S. We were supposed to know if it was going to be Nathaniel or Hannah last week. The doctor said so. But then, the day we went in, the ultrasound room was occupied and we have to wait until after Christmas to find out. UGH! So, until then, the baby remains "Nath-annah".

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Now we will be hearing from you once in a while! Glad you have your house rented. Guess I read that in one of the other blogs. How long can you carry two mortgages without some income from one of the properties? We owned Prospect ST. and Scott Ave. at the same time but the mortgage on BOTH houses was $15,000. We rented Prospect St. for $100.00 a month and our mothly payment was $150.00 so we make out fine. Good luck! Love, Gram

    ReplyDelete