Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good News Ultrasound!

So, we had our ultrasound today and it showed that the placenta had moved away from the cervix, so the technician told us we shouldn't have to worry, which was a great relief. I see the doctor again next week, so I'll be anxious to get the ok from her that everything looked good, but Eric and I were both excited. We didn't get very many good pictures this time - although we were able to confirm once and for all that we are having a girl! Sweet Hannah wasn't the most cooperative and it was hard to get a side profile shot, but we were able to see some good shots of her face. It definitely made us even more excited for the 3D ultrasound we are having done on Saturday! The technician also did some measurements of her head and abdomen and those measurements showed her to be 27 weeks, 3 days in size (I'm 26 weeks, 5 days today according to the due date), but her femur measurements showed 28 weeks, 2 days! So, our girl will be tall! Or at least, not have short legs like her mom (thanks Brusveen genetics!).


Also, since we found out the gender for sure... I ordered the Pottery Barn bedding I have been looking at online everyday! (Here's the picture from the Pottery Barn Kids website). They don't have it in the stores anymore, but I found the entire set new on ebay. I love it and think its adorable, and yes, I know, it's probably competely overpriced, but I don't care :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow that is great news! We are so glad that everything worked out and you don't have to worry about that anymore. Glad also to hear that it is a girl!! The bedding you picked is very cute, I am sure she will love it as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Just read the latest! Answer to prayer that the placenta moved! That is awesome! So Hannah is definately Hannah! That is awesome, too! And going to be tall, huh? All very exciting! So happy for you guys!! Love the adorable bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bedding...super cute - gotta love Pottery Barn! Hope you guys are doing well! Maybe we will have to come visit after Hannah is born :) We'll wait for you to get back on your feet though :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that the placenta moved. I had that same thing with Sky but the placenta moved that time too. It was a relief for us as well. I can't wait to see images of Hannah from the 3D ultrasound! How was that experience on Sat.? The bedding is soooooo cute! Can't wait to see that baby's room all done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that everything is looking good for Hannah. Praise the Lord! I miss you! The room is going to be ADORABLE! much love!

    ReplyDelete