Monday, July 13, 2009

Back to work

This past week was my first week back to work and it wasn't really like I expected. I was of course sad to leave Hannah but since my mom is watching her, it wasn't quite so scary. I have pictures of her on the fridge at work and I made a photo mug with all my favorite Boo pictures to drink coffee in (which is necessary when working at 8 AM after getting up three times a night!). I also make all my technicians tell me ten times a day that I have the cutest baby in the world. None of them have children, so they can say that :) But I have to say that in some ways it was nice to go back to work... I know what I'm doing and I don't constantly worry that I'm screwing it up, which can't be said for this whole motherhood thing. And it makes my time with Hannah that much more special, and because of that, I've been having some great times with her lately. I have the day off tomorrow and I've spent all night tonight thinking about how great it's going to be. Now this isn't to say that if I had the chance, I wouldn't drop everything to stay home with her and I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry to Eric at least once a day about how maybe we should both quit our jobs and move in with my parents. (Crazy, right?). But I do see the benefits of me going back to work and they aren't just monetary ones. On my weekends to work (such as this last weekend), Eric is with Hannah all weekend and that gives them good father-daughter time, which is so precious to see. And I feel good knowing that my mom is with her and that I'm doing what is best right now for our whole family. Also, its probably good for me to actually be forced to put real clothes on instead of just pajamas all day and to not watch The Price is Right quite so much :) So, I'm vowing to love this time in our lives just like I did my maternity leave and look forward to showing Hannah off to all my patients who come into the pharmacy. And tomorrow when I am home with her, I'm going to soak her all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment