Thursday, January 6, 2011

Apparently, we've been busy....

So, every week at least I think, "I really need to blog" and then I get busy and forget until the next week. This has been going on for the past couple of months, so that would explain our lack of blogging in the last few months of 2010. So, I'm just going to make a couple of really big posts, because we really did pack a lot into 2010!!!

In September, we went to Dallas with my parents and my cousin Ashlea to see the Dallas Cowboys play the Chicago Bears. Now, I am a HUGE Cowboys fan, and Eric is a HUGE Bears fan, so when we found out they were playing at the new Cowboys stadium, we just knew we had to go!!! Ashlea babysat Hannah while Eric, my parents, and I went to the game... which was a sad day to be a Cowboys fan (of course, that is pretty much every day this football season!). Even with the loss, it was still fun and we had such a great time all weekend!


In October, we went to Connecticut and New York for 10 days... it was definitely a great trip!!!
My parents also drove to New England to see the foliage and for my dad to go to a work conference in Boston, so it was great that they got to see where Eric grew up and to see a part of the country that they'd never been to!

We went to church with Eric's brother Gary and his wife Katie, and made our annual Nordic Lodge trip! It was so yummy and we all really enjoyed it!

We took Hannah to a petting zoo when we were there, and she liked petting all the animals (although I had to refrain from dousing her in hand sanitizer the whole time!).





We went to Gram and Gramp's house a couple of times when we were there and hung out with them and Bill and Betsy and I got to meet Eric's Uncle Charlie for the first time. He and his family live in FL, but he was up helping his mom and dad with some stuff, so we had a good day hanging out and talking about all things geneology (ok, so it was more fun for Eric than for me!).



Saturday night, we went to my friend Sarah's wedding and it was so beautiful! It was without a doubt, the fanciest wedding I'd ever been to... Sarah, you did such an amazing job! And you looked amazing as well :) It was a great night of hanging out with Duke friends. There's a reason why we are all still friends 9 years after graduating college, even though we rarely get to see each other. There is just something that happens when we get together that makes me realize how much I love them! (Ok, now I'm going to cry!)



Sunday, we went a fun post-wedding bruch at a restaurant in Grand Central and it was the first time some of my friends had met Hannah, so that was great! Then, we went back to Katie's house (by this time, Hannah was a pro at riding the subway/train) and drove back to CT from there.

Needless to say, we were super exhausted from this whirlwind trip!

We did a few other things but I didn't get any pictures... we had a fun date night out in Hamden (home of Eric's alma mater, Quinnipiac), we went on a double date with Eric's best bud Bill and his wife Melanie, and we did LOTS of shopping!



Then, for Halloween, Hannah was Minnie Mouse! It was such a great costume....


We didn't actually go trick-or-treating, since we don't let Hannah have that much candy, but we did our usual walk around the neighborhood with the Bowlings!






No comments:

Post a Comment