Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Baby Bump


So, this is me this past Monday at 23 weeks! I went to the doctor today, and all together, I've only gained 11 pounds, but I feel like I've gained 50! I can't imagine what it's going to feel like when I'm super pregnant and about to pop!! At my doctor's appointment today, I got to hear the heartbeat, which is always reassuring, and we talked about the ultrasound I had last month. Apparently, my placenta is low-lying, and they are concerned that it may be covering my cervix, although they couldn't be positive. If that is true, and the placenta doesn't move, then it's a condition known as placenta previa, which can lead to bleeding and bed rest and a C-section delivery. The good news is that I haven't had any signs of bleeding yet, but my doctor scheduled me for a 2nd ultrasound next month and we will know more then. So, we are praying now that the ultrasound will show that the placenta isn't covering the cervix and we won't have to worry about it. So, we just ask that you pray with us that this doesn't happen!

In other baby news, we are currently in the process of combining our guest room and office into one room and making our current guest room the baby's room. We are pretty sure we know exactly how we want to do the baby's room, but are holding off on painting until our next ultrasound when we are absolutely positive Hannah doesn't throw us any surprises and turns out to be a Nate! But, I'm getting anxious to start buying the nursery bedding, so I don't know how much longer I can hold off! You can always return stuff, right? :)

4 comments:

  1. I was sorry to hear that you may have a problem but we will pray that when you have your next ultrasound everything will be as it should. At least today they know what is going on and can act accordingly. It sounds so exciting - getting the room ready for Hannah! I am sure you will both have fun choosing the furniture and accessories. Love and prayers, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will keep the placenta situation in our prayers! Yeah, good idea to wait just a little longer. Nate wouldn't appreciate pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I found your blog through Beckys! I am so excited that I will be able to follow along with your pregnancy and see pictures of your sweet girl! We are so excited for you guys and are praying that your placenta will move and you won't have any problems! Hope you are feeling well, we miss you guys!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my sweet baby girl,
    It is so funny to see you with the "bump". I've seen you often, but never really noticed in person! Our God is a mighty power to be reckoned with. We will all agree that at the next ultrasound the placenta will be exactly where it needs to be. What a wonderful time of life you and Eric are in. Enjoy every second (constant nausea aside!). I love you both very much!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete