Thursday, January 1, 2009

Baby Plus!

For Christmas, I asked for and received something that I had been reading a lot about called the BabyPlus Prenatal Learning System. It is a thing you put around your waist that makes noises that are supposed to mimic the mother's heartbeat (which is what the baby hears all the time). There are a series of 16 lessons, and you do each one for a certain amount of days depending on when you start. Each lesson is different, but it is basically all beats that the baby is supposed to distinguish the differences in. BabyPlus is supposed to help babies be more alert and self-soothing when they are newborns, and also help them with school-readiness as they get older. Now, if you're thinking "Michelle will believe anything!," you'd be thinking the same thing that almost my entire family does! But when my baby sleeps through the night from the minute she comes home, and starts reading Shakespeare at 2 years old... who'll be laughing then? Ha! In all seriousness though, Eric and I are super excited about the BabyPlus, especially because the baby is super active everytime I do it. I feel the baby kick throughout the day, although at this point, it's just a wierd, tickling sensation inside my belly - but when I strap on the BabyPlus and those beats start, Hannah goes nuts!! I can't wait for Eric to be able to feel it... he mentioned today how he was a little jealous of me for getting to feel the kicks already!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, Have heard of reading to baby, playing music, etc. while baby is in utero but had not heard of Baby Plus. Sounds interesting. Feeling the baby kick is a feeling like no other, isn't it? Hopefully Eric will get to feel it soon. Love and prayers, Betsy & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Great to see a pic of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete