Friday, June 5, 2009

Funny Eric Story

So, one of the things that I love about Eric is that he talks in his sleep, and it always makes me laugh. He does it whenever I stay up later than him or if I get up and turn my light on and most of the time, instead of shushing him or telling him to go back to sleep, I talk back to him because it's funny to see what he says. This past Monday, we had one of the best sleep conversations ever!

It was 1:30 AM and I had just woken up because Hannah was crying and I could hear it on the monitor. I turned on the light and was putting my glasses on when Eric turned towards me and said "Watch out for the babies." I looked at him and said "What babies?" He started patting the covers and said, "The babies that are under here." I said "No, there's just Hannah, and you're hearing her cry through the monitor... she's in her room." He looked at me and said, "But we have visitors." So, I looked at him and said "It's just my mom and dad." Then he said, in complete seriousness, "Do you mean to tell me that they didn't bring any babies with them?" I started cracking up and leaned over to kiss him and said, "Um, that's exactly what I'm telling you."

So maybe it's not as funny reading it, but man, I've been laughing about that all week!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's pretty amazing and funny that Eric can actually carry on a conversation while asleep! (I don't recall him doing that as a child). He is obviously really into being a dad--concerned about the "babies," specifically, of course, one Hannah-boo!! Hugs4Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, "babies?" I hope Hannah doesn't have another sibling on the way-haha! That story is really funny!

    ReplyDelete