Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting Ready...

This past weekend was Mother's Day and even though I'm not quite a mom yet, Eric got me some cute things and I got lots of Mother's Day greetings from people, so it was really nice. And I spent the whole weekend with my mom and dad who came over here both Saturday and Sunday and helped us with some finishing touches. My dad weeded our flower gardens Saturday (both Eric and I are terrible at yard work and they were VERY overgrown with weeds), and mom and I made freezer meals on Sunday. Eric got a lot of stuff done around the house as well that he'd been wanting to do - putting the living room tv on the wall and power washing our entryway. We also got our laundry done and tonight we are packing our hospital bags and we will be good to go! Here are some pictures of us making meals... it didn't take as long as I thought it would and hopefully they turn out super yummy!


Remy, cleaning up when I kept dropping cheese everywhere!

Also, tonight we went to a cookout at our community group leader's house and we had such a great time seeing everyone. I wasn't able to go to all of the meetings this past semester because of my work schedule and we've been on hiatus for the past month, so it was good to get together again! At the end of the night, they all gathered around me and prayed for Eric, Hannah and I and it gave me a real sense of peace about the whole thing. I'm still nervous about the actual delivery part, but I know God is watching over us and in just a few short days (hours?) we will go from being a couple to being a family... and I can't wait to meet our daughter!

5 comments:

  1. You guys are in our loving thoughts and our many prayers! Many of our friends are praying, too! Can't wait to hear the good news of Hannah's arrival! You are right! God is totally with you and you will soon have a precious daughter to hold! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to meet her! Praying for a great delivery.... that the epidural will work and you won't feel a thing!! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to do freezer meals. I'm glad your 'rents were there to help out. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are also lifting you up in prayer and are so excited to finally greet Hannah! You two are going to be fabulous parents! Sending so very much love your way..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great idea! Can you send your mom to CA to help us freeze some meals?

    ReplyDelete