Saturday, May 2, 2009

We've been busy!!

We've had so many things going on these past few weeks, ever since Eric came back from Connecticut, but the problem is that we've both been sick almost the whole time! So, this is going to be a long post, because I finally feel like blogging again! Eric got sick in CT, and I thought I had avoided it, but a few days later, I started feeling bad and ever since we've both been blowing our noses and coughing a lot. But, that hasn't stopped us (well, not too much anyways!) in getting stuff ready for Hannah.

On April 18th, I had a baby shower thrown for me by our family friends Lisa and her daughter Micah and it was so much fun! It was so good to see people who I haven't seen in awhile, and I got a ton of awesome things for our sweet baby. Also, they did this cool thing where they had everyone answer some questions about predictions for Hannah... what day she'll be born, what she'll grow up to be, what age she'll get married, etc. It was really neat and Eric and I are looking forward to putting them in her baby book and going back over them from time to time as she grows up. Here are some pictures of the shower... it really was a great day!!

Me opening gifts

Me in front of the food table

The Hannah Cake

Hilary and Calla (just one of the cutest twins of all time!)

Sue, my cousin-in-law Katie, and my aunt Pam

Charlotte, Graci, and Cari (who is due in November!!! We are so excited!)

Lisa and Micah


The next Saturday, April 25th, mom and dad came up and helped Eric and I with our big garage sale We made over $400 dollars, so we were excited - we've never had a successful garage sale! Hilary (my friend who lives across the street) had one as well, so we were able to advertise as having a mult-family sale and we had a ton of people come by. We were kind of worried because we technically live on the outskirts of Fayetteville in a small town called Greenland, but that didn't stop the people. It was funny though because Eric was convinced we should have started the sale at 8 AM rather than the 7 AM we had put in the paper and on the signs, and he was grumbling when we woke up that morning. But, at 7:07 AM, when we had already sold a ton of stuff and there were 10 people in our driveway, he came to realize that perhaps that's why we never have luck when we go to garage sales... the early bird definitely gets the worm!!! But, it was a good day, and we were able to get rid of a ton of stuff that was cluttering our house.

This past Tuesday, April 28th, was my last day at work and I must say it is a great feeling to not be standing on my feet all day and working until 10pm. I feel a little guilty about it, but there is just so much I feel like I need to get done before Hannah's big arrival... our house is a mess (of course, if you know us well, you know that's usually the case!), and I want to get some freezer meals made so that Eric won't have to make dinner every night :) But, I am also getting some rest, which helps me with my nausea in the morning, and keeps my feet from swelling too much. Unfortunately, I've started having some carpel tunnel in both of my arms, which is apparently common in late pregnancy due to all of the swelling. So, I've started seeing a chiropractor and just keep wearing oh-so-attractive wrist braces, which help a lot. It's a very unpleasant feeling but it should go away after I give birth, so I'm just trying to suck it up and deal with it until she gets here.

Finally, this past Friday, the girls from work threw me a small shower at Olive Garden and it was a lot of fun. It was just us girls and my friend Rasheeda from Tulsa, who also works for Walgreens, was actually in town so she was able to be there also.


Ann, Meriah, me, Sarah and Rasheeda

We had a great time eating great food and I got some cute stuff for Hannah, as well as some much appreciated Baby Einstein videos... I've heard they are a lifesaver :) Also, one of the pharmacists, Ann, had brought a "death by chocolate" cake from this amazing bakery here in Fayetteville, but when the waitress came to bring it out, apparently, someone in the back had accidentally stuck their fingers in it! Here's a picture of the cake (they tried to cover up the holes with chocolate sauce?)... the manager came over and reimbursed Ann for the cake, but it was just so wierd!


But, from this picture, you can see we did eat part of it... and oh man, was it amazing!!



It was chocolate cake, with chocolate mousse in the middle, and chocolate buttercream frosting covered by chocolate ganache on top. Just thinking about it makes me want to go buy one right now! So, we all took a couple of bites from the side that was still good and then Olive Garden gave us all our own desserts as well, so I think I got enough chocolate for the night...

2 comments:

  1. They stuck their fingers in YOUR cake?? Weird, but I would have eaten it, too!! You are looking so good. Miss you guys so much.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Michelle, it was so fun reading your blog & seeing all of the pics!!!(Sure wish I could have been there!) You have wonderful family & friends! That little Hannah Banana/Bean is going to be the best-dressed girl in town! Glad to hear about the garage sale success, too! The freezer meal thing is a good idea. I did that a few times over the years & it was so helpful! Another idea is--some evening(s) when you (or Eric) are making dinner, make enough for friends at the same time and she can make enough for you when she cooks. This way you get 2 meals and only have to make one each. I thought that might work since you live so close to each other. There are lots of time-saver ideas, such as a favorite of mine--paper plates. Love you guys. Waiting for Hannah,...

    ReplyDelete