Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hannah's Birthday Part 1

This is Eric...

Well, the big day is here. Michelle and her parents and I are at the hospital and we are just waiting for nature to take its course with the help of drugs.

We woke up around 5:30 and got to hospital and in place by about 6:45. At 9:25, we started the epidural and it didn't go terribly well. In the end, it worked, but it took the anesthesiologist several tries to get it. I stayed in the room, but I couldn't hold her hand or comfort her. It was hard.

Michelle is resting now. The nurse said that it could take a while for her to be dilated to a 4, and then about an hour for each centimeter after that up to 10. So it could be a while.

We are in room 1307 at Washington Regional. We have to keep our cell phones off, but I do have the room phone (479-463-1307) and my laptop will be on all day I'm sure.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment