Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our great new chair! (And the Great Banana Debate of 2009)

We've finally got Hannah's room all done, and I am in love with it! I found the perfect pink gingham roman blinds on sale at Pottery Barn Kids that match the pink gingham shade on the perfect floor lamp and it all goes well with our great glider chair we found on sale here in Fayetteville. Thanks to Pepere and Memere (Eric's dad and Jeanne) for the chair... we love it!



The blanket that is on the back of the chair was knitted by Hilary's mom, Deb, and I'm so glad I said red when she asked me what color... I think it's a great contrast to the pinks and yellows and it matches the pillow that came with the bedding set.

So, that's it... now the room just needs Hannah Bean! (That is my new nickname for her... I hate bananas and I'm trying to avoid her being called Hannah Banana, even though Eric is dead set on it. But I think Hannah Bean sounds way better and doesn't bring to mind the grossest food of all time.)

PS - Yes, I do understand how good bananas are for children and all of their wonderful benefits and when Eric is home with Hannah and feeding her on nights I work, they can eat mushy bananas to their heart's content. My friend Julie also hated bananas before she had her baby, and she keeps telling me how she learned to like them and I can too... but I'm VERY skeptical.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle, So nice that Hannah's room is done and that, included in it is a special chair from her Pepere and Memere. You will have many special times sitting, nursing your sweet baby in the quietness of the night and other times, too, as well as talking to, singing to, reading to, etc. I can still remember those times so well and have them in the treasure box of my heart. The room looks beautiful!! We all look forward to hearing about Hannah's arrival! Love & prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying that you will learn to eat bananas and enjoy them as I do now:) hehe! I miss you and cannot wait for Hannah to arrive. The room looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nickname "Hannah Bean." It's super cute and just rolls off the tongue. I'm voting for that one!
    Love the chair, love the lamp, love it all! you are a great decorator- I've always loved your style. I've been thinking about you and getting excited! Make sure we're on the call list! Love you!

    ReplyDelete